Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyChronicPainTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

One of the worst times for me was the time that I was constantly terrified about the future, particularly that i will end up in a care home and I'll have this pain still and I'll be saying to the staff 'I can't sit!!' and they will ignore me. I don't want to go back to having that constant fear, and maybe it helps to put it into words, so maybe other people might want to do the same. Bye4now, Alison

April 15, 2017
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members connected deeply over the shared fear of aging alone with chronic pain, particularly the worry of ending up in a care home where staff... Read more

Members connected deeply over the shared fear of aging alone with chronic pain, particularly the worry of ending up in a care home where staff might ignore their needs or dismiss their suffering. Several members offered comfort through faith-based resources like prayer studies, practical advice such as documenting health needs in a living will for trusted advocates, and creative alternatives like living on a cruise ship as a more affordable and dignified option than traditional facilities. A recurring theme was the importance of taking life day by day, leaning on trusted family members or friends as advocates, and finding peace in knowing loved ones understand their condition even when the future feels uncertain.

A MyChronicPainTeam Member

You are definitely not alone. If I was widowed tomorrow it would REALLY scare me. My husband thinks LITTLE of Doctors in general but I know he is my best advocate if I am out of it, I consider myself very lucky to have him.

April 16, 2017
A MyChronicPainTeam Member

Is that a Joyce Meyers study? I saw it also. Years ago I did another study by her. It was called Battlefield of the Mind. Absolutely life changing!

May 3, 2017
A MyChronicPainTeam Member

I just found a 30-day prayer study called "Find Hope in the Storm". Downloaded it of a site on FaceBook, of all places. It purposes to help deal with worry, fear, and anxiety, with the promises of God. I am going to start it today. Hopefully it will help. It focuses on the Word of God, the scriptures. I will let everyone know how it helps.

April 27, 2017
A MyChronicPainTeam Member

I too feel this Louise, you are not alone, I am in the most terrible pain today but think the meds are just starting to kick in. Cannot get up straight as all my muscles are in spasm. Take care, try to stop worrying as it will make you feel worse but I do understand I do this as well. Sending love and hugs. Ann xx

April 17, 2017
A MyChronicPainTeam Member

Yes,I have thought about that alot especially with all of the NEW pain medication changes and challenges all of us chronic pain people have to endure everyday!! Until this BIG MESS gets fixed I believe we should all be quite scared!!!--Jwisey

April 15, 2017

Related Questions

View All
A MyChronicPainTeam Member asked a question 💭
High Point, NC

A MyChronicPainTeam Member asked a question 💭
kings lynn

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In