Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyChronicPainTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

I'll start with
1) Standing up to eat
2) Applying pain relieving gels and creams to places they're not meant to go

What's good is that I can actually laugh at myself now for these behaviours.
Luv & hugs, Alison

September 15, 2017
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members opened up about their creative and unconventional pain management strategies that have become their new normal, sharing approaches... Read more

Members opened up about their creative and unconventional pain management strategies that have become their new normal, sharing approaches like wrapping joints in ice packs and ace bandages (sometimes walking like penguins), standing to eat meals, applying pain creams to unexpected places, and even sitting on the toilet for an hour just to get relief from back pain. Several members described the challenge of balancing conflicting needs, such as using ice on one side of the body while applying heat to the other, dealing with compression stockings that worsen neuropathy, or managing severe bursitis alongside chronic conditions like cerebral palsy. A recurring theme was finding humor and solidarity in these adaptations, celebrating the freedom to do whatever works regardless of how strange it might look to others, and firmly rejecting judgment from those who don't understand the daily reality of living with chronic pain.

A MyChronicPainTeam Member

@A MyChronicPainTeam Member If iit helps you.... customary usage be damned.

Did you know that Viagra was created to control high blood pressure...the other "side effect" its know for wasn't the primary usage. This is called "off label use" and it's becoming quite a common thing.

Keep doing what works for you!!

September 19, 2017 (edited)
A MyChronicPainTeam Member

Just wanted to mention to Catlove that I had this horrendous leg swelling because of an allergic reaction to Lyrica. Looked like I had porch columns, not legs. I had to wrap them, every night and rewrap every morning iiinnnn::::You guessed it ACE BANDAGES!!!! I had 4 for each leg, about 8 ft, long each. I had to put this liner over my leg and starting above my toes, start wrapping up just past my knees. I wrapped at night, took them off in am., took my clean set, rewrap and washed the ones I just took off. They were called short-stretch bandages, whatever that meant, and would have been OK if they didn't add about another 3/4"to my leg!!!πŸ˜†
I also know I'm not the only one, some ladies at my Occupational Therapist office had to wrap them to their crotch. 😨 Eeeeewwwww.
So, that stupid man who should have been minding his own business would have probably gotten an earful from me as I hated having to do those bandages. πŸ˜²πŸ’­Between rerolling and putting them on it was an hour twice a day. You had to do it just "SO" . Wear yours in good health, my dear, and I hope you never have to wrap as many as some do! 😀

September 23, 2017
A MyChronicPainTeam Member

My back only hurts when i'm standing up! I can't stand the pain for more than 5 minutes! Then I have to sit down!

September 17, 2017
A MyChronicPainTeam Member

It's always very healthy to laughπŸ˜‚ I do it all the time. Like the bed Head is alive and well πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

September 15, 2017
A MyChronicPainTeam Member

Can't sit or stand still for long. Never sure whether ice or heat will help but the craziest thing I can't use ice on left side of my neck or it usually makes it worse so I will ice the right and use heat on left at the same time

September 18, 2017

Related Questions

View All
A MyChronicPainTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Brenham, TX

A MyChronicPainTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Lake Forest, CA