Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyChronicPainTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

OSTEOARTHRITIS, DDD, BONE SPURS, ETC.

July 4, 2025
 · 
Reactions
A MyChronicPainTeam Member

oh no. Can't have that.

July 5, 2025
A MyChronicPainTeam Member

I understand after I have my three back surgeries the surgeon said to put ice on my incision. Not a good thing to do when you have fibromyalgia.

July 4, 2025
A MyChronicPainTeam Member

@A MyChronicPainTeam Member I have a substantial Scoliosis bend in my right side and I believe it’s due to the 3 compression fractures in my Thoracic spine that caused bulging discs to thoracic spine R10,11and 12 just below my shoulder blade areas

I hzz as ve a recharge heat Pack called a Heat Pod which eases my back but it can overheat me and causes sweat rashes so I’m careful with the use of it in the daytime and it comes to bad with me
Hugs from Judyxx
Hugs from Judyxx

July 4, 2025
A MyChronicPainTeam Member

My pain management doctor apparently thinks I don't hurt much. He's got me down to only 75 percocet a month and says it's to keep my tolerance down... I have 2 kids and elderly parents, one is bone on bone and I am their caregiver as well. If he only knew how much worse my quality of life has become!!!

July 4, 2025
MyChronicPainTeam

Living with chronic pain conditions like osteoarthritis, degenerative disc disease (DDD), and bone spurs can significantly impact spinal alignment. These conditions can cause the spine to curve or bend abnormally as the body tries to compensate for pain and structural changes.

The way chronic pain affects movement and Show Full Answer

Living with chronic pain conditions like osteoarthritis, degenerative disc disease (DDD), and bone spurs can significantly impact spinal alignment. These conditions can cause the spine to curve or bend abnormally as the body tries to compensate for pain and structural changes.

The way chronic pain affects movement and posture can feel like your body is "concrete" - making normal movements difficult and causing compensatory positions that may further alter spine alignment. While it's natural to use humor to cope with these challenges, it's important to work with your healthcare provider to understand the specific causes of your spinal changes. They can help develop an appropriate treatment plan that may include:

β€’ Pain management strategies
β€’ Physical therapy
β€’ Posture improvement exercises
β€’ Appropriate medications
β€’ Specialized treatments if needed

July 4, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MyChronicPainTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Rancho Cordova, CA

A MyChronicPainTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Louisville, KY

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In