Pets can be mysteriously loving and accepting companions while we live with chronic pain. Pets can be intuitive, gentle, and comforting on bad pain days. Sometimes caring for a pet is overwhelming and requires us to ask for help from neighbors or family.
On MyChronicPainTeam, the social network and online support group for those living with chronic pain, members talk about a range of personal experiences and struggles. Pet therapy is one of the top 10 topics most discussed.
Here are some conversations about pet therapy:
• My beautiful dogs help me when I think there's no hope left.
• Sometimes walking the dogs gives me pain later, but watching how much they love it cheers me up.
• My two fur babies never fail to make me smile and are so full of unconditional love.
• A member shares a story and a photo about Mr. Bailey, the therapy cat.
• If it weren’t for my pets, I probably wouldn’t even get up in the morning.
Can you relate?
Have another topic you'd like to discuss or explore? Go to MyChronicPainTeam today and start the conversation. You'll be surprised just how many others may share similar stories.
Feel free to ask a question here.