It just seems to be a pattern of either them not hearing me or their ego being so big that they think they know more about your pain than you do. I took a long break for several years from spine specialist doctors just because I couldn't take being treated bad and not listen to. I recently have tried to start going back to a spine specialist in southern Oregon but I'm already seeing the same pattern of not being heard. Sometimes I think it's because I'm on Medicare and they can't make as much… read more
I can truly understand how you feel. I also live in Oregon and have felt as though I have been pushed aside and not heard. I think my reason is because of being 78 and always alone. I have no family to help convince the Doctors that my pain is really that severe. I get brushed off and medical professionals being rude. The world has changed so much. Family, Doctors, and just people on the whole are just not as compassionate as even 10 years ago. I am so sorry you went through that experience. Hugs to you!
Won't it be something if they came up with a device that would allow your doctor to feel what you do? I wonder how many would give that a try...lol
They don’t have any idea what we are going through. The Doctors should have at least one day of chronic pain to understand us.
Hi @A MyChronicPainTeam Member...yeah seems to be a common thing these days. I've had very few doctors who actually listened to what I was saying. I don't know if it's because these doctors think they have heard it all before and treat you like you're just another chronic pain whiner but it pays his bills so the sooner he can get you in and out, the more money he makes. I think the days of doctors actually caring about their patients and feeling some kind of responsibility for their care are long gone. It's all about money and now that the government thinks they know better than you or your doctor about your care is a whole other problem. Makes me so angry. I hope you're doing okay. Take care...GBU
Randy
Yup! But it depends on where I am…
In NC, where I am temporarily staying to help my adopted mom (in
a nursing home, not doing well), there is no comprehension of severe pain and how it affects my body. While in an NC hospital rated highly by locals for heart probs secondary to pain, I was given one narcotic pill every 4 hours. Didn t touch my CRPS pain.
BUT, I am a legal resident of NH and my primary residence is there. At home I get ketamine, medical marijuana, and whatever I need. My docs in Northern NH understand how my pain affects my heart and the rest of my body.
So if you have pain I highly recommend Northern NH!