Gaining weight or difficulty losing weight can occur after receiving a chronic pain diagnosis. Changing your diet and creating new habits can be a daunting task to undertake. Finding the motivation to eat right when you have chronic pain is best done alongside others who understand the obstacles and rewards.
On MyChronicPainTeam, the social network and online support group for those living with chronic pain, members talk about a range of personal experiences and struggles. Healthy eating is one of the top 10 topics most discussed.
Here are a few question-and-answer threads about healthy eating:
• Does anyone eating an anti-inflammatory diet find they are shunned by others?
• Does anyone else suffer weight issues due to medication?
• What do you find to be the best fiber for constipation caused by opioids?
Here are some conversations about healthy eating:
• I'm going to journal to track what foods cause me pain.
• I always follow an anti-inflammatory diet and that helps with the pain and spasms.
• I try to stay on an anti-inflammatory diet, but standing and cooking for long periods of time is difficult!
Have another topic you'd like to discuss or explore? Go to MyChronicPainTeam today and start the conversation. You'll be surprised just how many others may share similar stories.
Feel free to ask a question here.